Grants & Honors
- Bioengineering Travel Award for Researchers (2018)
- AnnaFonds|NOREF personal research grant (2016)
- First prize for Best Podium Presentation at TERMIS-EU, Uppsala, Sweden (2016)
- Erasmus Trustfonds travel grant (2014 & 2016)
Lizette obtained her Master degree in 2013 in Technical Medicine from the University of Twente, Enschede, specializing in cartilage tissue engineering. She completed her PhD in 2018 at the dept of Orthopaedics at the Erasmus MC, Rotterdam under Prof. Gerjo van Osch focussing on macrophage phenotypes in degenerative joint diseases. As part of her PhD, she moved to Italy to work at the Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute in Milan in the group of dr. Matteo Moretti. Here, she worked on microfluidics for osteoarthritis research. From 2018-2021 she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the dept. of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & Special Dental Care in the group of dr. Debby Gawlitta at the UMC Utrecht focusing on tissue engineering of the mandibular condyle. As part of the postdoc project, she worked at the AO Research Institute in Davos, Switzerland in the group of Prof. Martin Stoddart. In 2020, she joined the Regenerative Orthopedics group as Scientific Project & Research Manager. Here, she supports Marianna with her tasks as coordinator for iPSpine while on the other hand she is scientifically involved in the osteoarthritis research line where she is supervises research activities regarding the development of a controlled drug delivery system for osteoarthritis pain management.
- 2022- present: Chair TERMIS-SYIS EU
- 2018 -2021: Chair-elect Student and Young Investigator Section (SYIS) of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS) EU.
- 2021-present: guest editor Bioactive Materials
- 2018 – present: Board member of the Netherlands Society of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering (NBTE)
Past student supervision:
- Anouk Haasnoot (UU; MSc Biology of Disease)
Current PhD supervision:
- Carla Jorquera Cordero (PhD candidate UMCU; copromotor)