Grants & Honors
- TERMIS-EU 2023 2nd prize for best oral presentation, Manchester, UK
- A. van den Hooff Award at NVMB Annual meeting 2020
Lisanne is working on the iPSpine project which aims at developing an advanced therapy for intervertebral disc regeneration by using induced Pluripotent Stem Cell technology combined with smart biomaterials. Her main role in this project is optimizing the differentiation process of the induced Pluripotent Stem Cells into healthy intervertebral disc cells.
Prior to starting her PhD, she obtained her veterinary degree in 2019 Cum Laude (UU, the Netherlands). During her veterinary study she successfully completed the Master Honours Programme, which was also focused on intervertebral disc regeneration, resulting in receiving her Veterinary Research Diploma in 2016 (UU, the Netherlands). With her background in Veterinary Medicine, she aims to contribute to the ‘One Medicine’ concept whereby human and animal healthcare advance hand in hand to ensure that humans and animals benefit from equal and sustainable medical progress.
- Veterinary Science Day committee chair (2023)
- Regenerative Medicine Center Utrecht (RMCU) Green Team (2022-present)
- TERMIS-SYIS EU Strategic Alliance council member (2021-present)
Past MSc/BSc student supervision:
- Anne Seijger (UU, Veterinary Medicine)
- Maaike Russchen (UU, Veterinary Medicine)
- Suzy Brebenel (UU, Veterinary Medicine)
- Floor Verdonk (2021-2022; UU, Veterinary Medicine)
Current MSc student supervision:
- Corinde Warmerdam (2022-2023; UU, Veterinary Medicine)